- Professional development by participation in its many meeting and conferences.
- Discount registration fees at all NCA programs.
- Opportunity to network and interact with colleagues.
- Opportunity to receive the NCA annual directory of all memberships.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant legislative news and other matters of interest to the profession at the Federal and State level.
- Ability to submit ideas to your state professional organization.
|President Elect||Gina Christel|
|Membership Chair||Tara Bilicki|
|Program Chair||Kristen Capezza|
|Administrator Of The Year||Jayne Gordon|
|CAP Conference||Melissa Bellantonio/ Paula Curci|
|Career Day||Tara Bilicki|
|College Counselor Of Year||Dave Follick|
|College Counselor Representative||Dave Follick|
|Counselor Ed Representative||Susan Sklar|
|Counselor Ed Scholarships||Susan Sklar|
|Counselor Of The Year||Christina Koromi|
|End of the Year Awards Dinner||Meghan Schlossser/Nicole Kregler|
|Exemplary Practices||Natasha Khan|
|Fall College Expo||Frank Pizzard/Joy D'Anca|
|High School Representative||Natasha Khan|
|High School Scholarships||Kim Vereline|
|Holiday Meeting||Christine Corrado|
|JHS/MS/Elementary Rep||Rosemarie Alario/Jennifer Melecio|
|JHS/MS/Elementary Luncheon||Rosemarie Alario/Jennifer Melecio|
|Kickoff Meeting||Marguerite Lane|
|LICAC Liason||Christina D'Angelo|
|Mini Grants||Bob Germino|
|New Counselor/ Intern Luncheon||Joe Izzo|
|Retired Counselor Rep & Luncheon||Cynthia Rossi|
|Social Media||Marley Goldman|
|Spring College Expo||Jaclyn Forman / Sunil Samuel|
|Stu Agins Award||Bob Germino|
|Volunteer Committee Chair||Donna Orleman|
- NCA has a program and luncheon to welcome counselors and/or human development specialists new to the profession in Nassau County.
- Many of Long Island's colleges are actively involved in the programs of NCA.
- More than 100 members continue their membership after they retire.
- Approximately 100 graduate students join each year.
- About 70% of Nassau County public and private school counselors (K-12) are NCA members.
- Over 100 non- Nassau County college admissions counselors are members of NCA They represent 20 states.
In 1955, the Long Island Personnel and Guidance Association was formed to meet the needs of individuals working or interested in the counseling and/or human development areas. In 1982 the name of the organization was changed to the Nassau Counselors' Association. As a chapter of the New York Counseling Association, NCA continues to meet the professional needs of its members through an ever-widening and expanding variety of programs and activities. Since its inception it has continually increased its membership and now has nearly 700 members each year.
- Elementary School Counselors
- Middle School and Junior High School Counselors
- High School Counselors
- College Counselors
- College Admissions Counselors
- Counselors of Special Groups
- Agency Counselors
- Private Counselors
- Directors of Guidance
- Counselor Educators
- Mental Health Counselors
- Social Workers and Psychologists
- Retired Counselors
- Counselor Education Graduate Students
- Persons interested in and/or supporters of the Counseling Program